- Department Overview
- Golden Jubilee
- Computer Science Programs
- Student Opportunities
- Faculty and Staff
- News and Events
Undergraduate, Graduate and Research Objectives
To create and convey knowledge in computer science through innovative research and education, and solve technological and societal problems through computing to improve the living experience of citizens in Missouri and beyond.
Undergraduate Educational Objectives for Graduates of the Department of Computer Science 3-5 years after graduation Current Objectives as of the 2009-2014 Academic Year:
To fulfill this mission, the Computer Science Department strives for excellence in producing graduates who will:
- Strengthen core computer science competencies while inventing and embracing new processes and technology that can be applied to both computer science and interdisciplinary endeavors.
- Grow effective communication, collaboration, and leadership skills that result in strong working relationships and high-performance work environments.
- Apply sound judgement to the business, societal, ethical, and professional issues of the rapidly evolving computing industry.
- Contribute to the greater good of their communities through professional involvement, writing, speaking, and mentoring.
Graduate Educational Objectives for Graduates of the Department of Computer Science 2011-2016 Academic Year:
To fulfill this mission, the Computer Science Department strives for excellence in producing graduates who are well-rounded, grounded individuals with:
- Knowledge Advancing and Understanding: Strong understanding of the state of the art in advanced work with a contribution that clearly advances the state of the art.
- Critical Thinking: Produce original contributions with documented impact and clear objectives.
- Communication: The ability to communicate effectively using both written and oral communication,
- Professional Development: An awareness and understanding of the professional, societal, and ethical issues of the rapidly evolving computing industry and the judgment to apply this understanding.
Research Objectives for Department of Computer Science 2011-2016 Academic Year
Become internationally known in the areas of:
- Critical infrastructure protection,
- Pervasive and mobile computing, and
- Software engineering.
Please address comments on these objectives to email@example.com